Friday 25 February 2011

A Visit To Worksop!

After my wander around Sheffield, i got on the Lincoln train and arrived at Worksop station!
This is a small pub that is part of the station building (it used to be the cafe). I had a pint in here before going back home, early in the evening.


I decided to take a picture of Mr Straw's house...


When Mr Straw died, his house still had furnishings from 1923.
For more infomation, click the link below!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Straw's_House


I walked into Worksop town centre, and saw a new sign next to the canal...



There are Worksop Trail signs all around the town, with info about the history of Worksop.


A closer look...


Worksop lock.


The pedestrianised town centre.


This is where the new market is held.




The site of the old market, and another Worksop Trail sign...






I got some lunch from the Top Town Diner fish and chip shop!


It was very tasty!


I had a walk around the Memorial Gardens.




This is Castle Hill.














Newcastle Avenue, with St Annes church in the background...




Another Worksop Trail sign...


I went for a pint in the White Lion.




Then i headed back to the train station, calling in at a few more pubs on the way ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work - enjoyed your visit to Worksop.

Justin Clapham said...

Thanks :-)